Value of REALTORS®…Why Use One
The term REALTOR® is not a generic term; it is a registered collective membership mark that identifies a licensed real estate professional who is a member of the Guam Association of REALTORS®. The term REALTOR® is NOT synonymous with "real estate agent."
There are about 1.2 million REALTORS® in the U.S., that work in both residential and commercial real estate as brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers, counselors and others engaged in all aspects of the real estate industry.
Today’s home sales involve dozens of steps to complete the transaction. REALTORS® work through the real estate transaction process daily and know how it affects the interests of their clients and customers. REALTORS® know how to position a home for sale, negotiate contract terms, manage inspections and ensure a smooth settlement.
All REALTORS® must take comprehensive training on the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics every four years to retain their membership. NAR adopted its Code of Ethics in 1913 and was only the second trade or business group in the U.S. to adopt mandatory ethical standards. The Code is a comprehensive document spelling out professional responsibilities owed to clients, customers, other REALTORS® and the general public.
- REALTORS® bring value to home buyers, sellers and investors.
- Working with a REALTOR® gives buyers, sellers and investors the advantage they need to succeed in today’s market. REALTORS® help people buy and sell hundreds of homes over the course of their careers.
- REALTORS® know what matters to buyers and sellers in your area. They have the expertise and experience to help sellers protect their investment and help buyers build theirs.
- REALTORS® have unparalleled knowledge of local market conditions and can leverage that expertise to help their clients reach their real estate goals.
- REALTORS® have access to advanced educational opportunities and training in both residential and commercial real estate specialties.
- REALTORS® are industry innovators who have harnessed the power of the Internet to better serve consumers and have helped bring real estate technologies into the home buying and selling process to facilitate and streamline today’s real estate transactions.
- REALTORS® are the most trusted resource for real estate information.